الحاسبة الالكترونية العلمية الناطقة Talking Scientific Calculator v4.4
This scientific and fraction calculator speaks answers and button names aloud with its built in voice, or with custom voice(s) recorded directly into the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
** Regularly featured on "What's Hot" - Utilities
Ideal for the vision impaired, blind, or anyone looking for an easy to read calculator - with optional speech.
If you’re looking for an accessible calculator, but only care about the basic functions then this could also be the calculator for you. The add, subtract, multiply, divide, clear, backspace and memory functions are accessed through large buttons, grouped together.
Video demonstration available from the support link.
- (Optionally) reads answers and entered numbers aloud.
1,234.56 is spoken as "One thousand, two hundred and thirty four point five six."
12 3/8 is spoken as "Twelve and three over eight."
6.78x10^99 is spoken as "six point seven eight times ten to the power ninety nine."
123,456,789 is spoken as "one hundred and twenty three million, four hundred and fifty six thousand, seven hundred and eighty nine."
- Built in recording studio and ::::::. Requires only 5 minutes to record a new voice.
- Optionally integrates with the iOS VoiceOver feature: As you move your finger over the screen, the names of buttons are spoken to you. Double-tap to activate the selected button (or single tap with a second finger.) The calculator's voice will speak the calculation results. The iPad/iPhone’s Home button can be triple-clicked to switch this mode of operation on and off.
- The entire app is accessible to VoiceOver users, including the recording studio for recording your own voice(s).
- International number formats
- Scientific calculator operations, conversion between hexadecimal and decimal, random number generator.
- Full support for fractions (simple and mixed), conversion to and from decimal, fraction reduction, and use of fractions with all operators.
- Easy access to basic calculator functions, for those who rarely use scientific operations.
- Optional high contrast mode (black on yellow)
- iPads get a user interface designed to make use of the large screen area. iPhones and iPod Touches get a user interface designed for the smaller screen. This includes large, easy to read scientific buttons, accessed on a scrolling panel. All the features of the iPad version are included in the smaller design.
Customisable for each level of vision:
Normal to low vision: Large, clear buttons with optional speech.
Low vision: High contrast display mode, with optional speech.
No vision / blind: VoiceOver reads the button names before they are activated. The calculation results are spoken.
Why record new voices?
Having your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch talk with your own voice, or that of a friend or tutor will make the calculator sound more natural to you. The calculator will speak with the accent you are used to hearing. Note also that the VoiceOver feature built into your device, while awesome, is not good at reading out large and small numbers.
It can also be fun to experiment with silly voices.
How good is the sound quality of recorded voices?
Excellent: The microphone in your iPad / iPhone or iPod Touch 4G is of very good quality, and this calculator performs digital signal processing to ensure the audio level is consistent across all recorded words.
Note 1: Support for blind users is only available on iOS devices that include VoiceOver. However, the recording and talking features do not rely on VoiceOver, and work on all iOS devices.
Note 2: Earlier versions of the iPod Touch require an external microphone for recording. The current model iPod Touch and all iPhones and iPads have a built in mic.
What's New in Version 4.4
1. Fixed the 'memory reveal' button.
2. Moving custom recording files back to a permanent storage location, even though this will affect the size of device backups.
This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad.
Updated: Oct 18, 2011
Size: 7.4 MB
Seller: Adam Croser
© 2010, 2011 Adam Croser
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.